Monday, 27 February 2012 00:11
- Tournament will be played under BCPBL League rules with any modifications noted. i.e.: DH is allowed/Slide or Avoid rule/ No runner for catcher.
- Team roster limit is 18 on the lineup card and 18 players in the dugout; only players on your junior premier roster on May 1, 2011 are eligible to participate.
- Home team will always be the higher seeded team throughout the championship during round robin play and the championship game; pool winners are home team in cross over games.
- Home team will occupy 3rd base dugout, unless mutually agreed upon.
- There may be an infield or outfield prior to each game. Time to be determined by organizers.
- All games will be 7 innings and the host is responsible for scheduling games in consultation with the PBL
- There will be no time limit on all games; however, there will be a ten run rule in effect after 5 complete innings.
- A 3-person umpire system will be used for all games
- Coaches must provide the scorer with one copy of the starting line-up 15 minutes prior to each game. Please notify the announcer of any difficult pronunciations.
- Forfeitures will be recorded as 7-0 victories.
- All disputes or protests will be decided by the Protest or Tournament committee whose decision will be final—at the time of the dispute or protest. Committee will be the umpire supervisor, another umpire, and PBL representative(s).
- Contingency plan for rain delays or other delays will be addressed by extending the length of the tournament. The championship game could be moved to the following weekend if necessary.
- Tournament standings will be determined by the following in order:
- Win - loss record
- Tied games—statistics are calculated based on the teams that are tied with each other, and not all of the teams in the competition.
- Head to head play.
- If the tie persists, then defensive runs allowed per defensive inning. (Defensive innings are defined as having taken the field and a pitch thrown)
- If the tie persists, then offensive runs allowed per offensive inning. (Offensive innings are defined as having been at bat for at least one pitch)
- In the event that 3 teams are tied with 1-2 records after round robin play one team will be eliminated by the criteria above.
- When 2 teams are tied, no team will be prevented from advancing to the semi-finals or finals of a championship based on defensive or offensive runs allowed in an inning.
- When a tie continues to exist a 7 inning play – off game will be scheduled.
These tournament rules were revised March 11, 2011, July 27, 2011, August 1, 2011, January 30, 2012