Sunday, 12 September 2010 16:16
- PRE-GAME and GAME TIMES:
- 2 hours prior to game time – home team batting practice
- 1.5 hours prior to game time – visiting team batting practice for 30 minutes
- 30 minutes prior to game time – home team infield for 10 minutes
- 20 minutes prior to game time – visiting team infield for 10 minutes
- 10 minutes prior to game time – field prep and coaches/umpires meeting
- Game times for all games are per published schedule but may be subject to change. All games should be confirmed with opposition at least 72 hours prior to game time.
- PBL plays using the MLB National League rules with the exceptions noted below.
- D/H Rule is Optional. No re-entry of players and no runner for catcher.
- Teams must not wear the same color of uniforms for league games; the home team will determine the color of uniform for the game; the visiting will wear a different color uniform.
- All league games must consist of 7 innings and must be played to completion; an exception to this rule will be a late season game where it is cost or time prohibitive to complete the game prior to the end of the season.
- There is a mercy rule with a 10 run differential after 4 ½ complete innings if the home team is leading, or 5 complete innings if the visitors are leading.
- A game called by an umpire after 4 1/2 or 5 innings is a complete game when ratified by the EMC; this would occur when teams are unable to complete the game in question by the end of the season.
- All suspended games as defined in 4.12 MLB regulations must be played to completion starting at the point of suspension. (see MLB regulations posted on website)
- A slide or avoid rule is in effect at all league and tournament games. It is not optional. The defensive player must give part of the base/plate to the runner. A defensive player who blocks the plate/base without the ball should be called for obstruction. Any deliberate running of a defensive player will result in the ejection of the runner. For clarification, if a defensive player is in the position of fielding a batted or thrown ball, the runner must slide into or around the plate/base.
- Wood or composite bats are to be used for all games.
- Umpires will enforce the dugout rule approved by the league; players and equipment must remain in the dugout during the game or in the extended dugout when the existing dugout does not provide enough room for all players. An extended dugout is a chalk line extending from the front edge of the dugout closest to home plate, then extending towards the outfield as far as necessary, then back towards the fence.
- When a game is cancelled or rained out, the home team must look at the visiting team’s schedule and contact them with three alternate dates. This must take place within two days of the cancelled game and be completed by coping the league president and notifying the webmaster with the dates. The visiting team, must reply with a game date or propose three additional dates within two days of receiving the dates from the home team.
- Failure to complete the league schedule will result in a fine for both teams of $500.00 per game not played. In addition, the games will be considered as losses for both teams.
Revised Jan 19 2013
Last Updated ( Monday, 22 April 2013 09:53 )